Thursday, November 18, 2010

What has S.J. been up to?

It hit me last night that for all the posts I've put up since launching this blog, I haven't really given an update about what I'm working on.  I get bad author points for that!  Sorry!  So, let me try and catch everyone up with what's been going on in my little writing world :-)

For the past couple weeks I've been working on a novella, tentatively titled FINDING A DREAM, and just last night, my awesome editor sent the first round of edits on it back to me.  I'm really excited about this story because if things go the way I'm hoping, something special might be getting done with my royalties for it, along with my editor's.  I'm going to hold off on saying what until things are finalized, but I will say the story involves a couple characters from the Conquest series, Brandon Alexander and Shunichi Miyamoto. 

And my upcoming m/m vampire erotic romance novel, NATURAL INSTINCTS, is also finished and will be going into edits in the next few weeks.  We're thinking maybe a January-ish release for its release, but please don't hold me to that.  The holidays could slow me down with working on edits when I get them, but I'll definitely try my best to get them done as fast as I can!

Let's see, what else...  Oh yeah, more rockers.  Those who have read NO FEAR and KEYS TO LOVE might remember the band Black Heart Down.  I have a rough draft finished for their story, centered around two band members in particular.  It's another novel length work, and its tentative title is BLACK HEART DOWN, because you know, I'm creative like that ;-)  But BHD it slated for after the vampires, so probably looking at the first quarter of 2011 for those boys to take the stage.

Well, I think that's about it for all the immediate projects I've got in the works.  Here's hoping they all sound good and readable to everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Can I just say I can't for both both Brandon&Shunichi short story and a BHD story! I'm just such a fan of all those rock boys! Also looking forward to your vampire book as I'v read many paranormal books and can't wait to see one from you. Thanks for the update. Barb W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Barb! I'm really happy to hear you're looking forward to the stories :D I'll admit, I love writing about the Conquest guys. They're all really special for me. And I'm excited to have everyone meet my vampires. A little nervous also since the vamps are so different from my rockers, but my fingers are crossed you and everyone will enjoy them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOOT YOOO! More SJ books for me!! Doing happy drunk dance was raking leaves hurt shoulder. ANd I have a broken wrist LMAO I am so glutton for pain. Cinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Cinders! But oh man, I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder and wrist. Ouch! Be careful and take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete