Thursday, January 20, 2011

Song of the Week - "Carmen Fantasie" and "La Califfa" performed by David Garrett

I'm putting up two songs for this week, both performed by renowned virtuoso, David Garrett, "Carmen Fantasie" and "La Califfa." 

David gets the Song of the Week spot for a few reasons.  First, he's my favorite violinist.  No matter what he plays, classical to rock covers, you can truly feel the emotion of the music.  The first time I heard him play "La Califfa", it honestly brought tears to my eyes, it was so beautiful.  And even after all this time, it still does from time to time.  The second reason David's up this week, I'm working on a new story about a classical violinist.  He's good inspiration :-)  And the third reason, and probably the main one, I'm currently in mourning that David is finally on tour in the U.S., he's coming to a city near me, but I can't go to his concert.  Yes, that heartbroken wail you just heard in the distance, it was me. 

His newest album, Rock Symphonies, is available at iTunes, Amazon, and tons of other retailers, and his website is loaded with info.  If anyone would like to check it out, here's the link to his official site: http://www.david-garrett.com/

As usual, I don't own the music, the video, the imagery, or anything tied to David Garrett, including tickets to his concert.  I'll get over it.  Really, I will.  Probably.  But now, without further ado, I present David Garrett.  Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. I'm Karen K from GoodReads - hope it's okay that I'm here. :) Love your books by the way - Conquest and No Fear are beside my bed, my go-to books if I need a change of pace and something familiar from what I'm reading.

    Anyways, this music is beautiful and so is the lovely boy doing the playing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen! It's great to see you here! Thank you so much for your beautiful compliment about Conquest and No Fear. That's awesome they're your go-to books! I couldn't be more flattered to hear that.

    And I'm glad you liked David and the songs I put up. His talent is just breathtaking, and you're right, he's very easy to look at, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete