Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know for some this isn't their most favorite of holidays.  But hey, I'm a romance author.  It's not only my job to love this day, it's my job to spread the love :-)  Here's the thing, though.  I have a little bit of a different interpretation of Valentine's Day.  So often this day is looked at as being one reserved for those in intimate relationships, but I like to think the meaning of Valentine's Day is much broader than that. 

For me, it's not a day to be celebrated only with a significant other, but it's a day to celebrate love in general, and all the varied and beautiful forms it takes.  The love for your friends and family, the love for a pet, the love for yourself, and all the good things in the world.  It's about recognizing all we hold dear, and to be grateful that we have the ability to feel and share such a beautiful emotion.

And so from me to all of you, Happy Valentine's Day.  Much love and big hugs to you!  Oh, and here's candy, too.  Eye candy, that is ;-)






P.S. - If anyone is looking for a Valentine's Day read, last year I wrote a free short story with Jesse and Evan from the Conquest series spending their first Valentine's Day together.  It's up on my website, http://www.sjfrost.com/, in the Freebie Reads section, title is "Valentine's Escape."

No comments:

Post a Comment