Friday, April 8, 2011

Song of the Week - "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson

Woo hoo!  I'm finally getting a song up!  And it's one I have all kinds of love for.  Those who stop by regularly may remember when I put up Adam Lambert with "If I Had You" as Song of the Week, how I also went into a long digression about American Idol.  I said it wasn't until this season and with thanks to Steven Tyler that I've watched the show.  But you know, even though I've missed years of Idol, I have stayed up on the winners, and of all the winners and runners-up, Kelly Clarkson is one of my favorites.  I think she's got a great style to her, both musically and in every other way.

With this song, I love the beat and how she sings it.  But also, the lyrics remind me of a couple of my characters and their relationship.  It just hit me yesterday when I was driving and heard this song on the radio.  I was listening and then, wham!, my characters were there.  And nope, their book hasn't come out yet, but they have appeared in a couple of my other works.  Yeah, I know.  I'm being mean for not saying directly who it is.  Sorry!  It's author's privilege ;-) 

If you'd like to learn more about Kelly Clarkson, here's her official website: http://kellyclarkson.com/

And you know I have to do it; my Don't Sue Me message.  I claim no ownership or rights to this video, song, music, imagery, lyrics, or anything Kelly Clarkson.  All belong to the right copyright holder(s).  And now, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment